Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 18: Lake Compounce

I had heard about another small amusement park. It is called Lake Compounce.   It is a family themed park. Just perfect for a boy and his Grandmother!
The Garmin took us to the employee entrance.  We rolled down the window and we were handed a list of printed directions, seems that alot of people's Garmins take them there.  We followed the print out and found our way.
We saw every employee wearing Santa hats.  Seems the company is very excited about being open for Holiday Lights.  My thought, it is just too hot to wear a Santa hat.
Lon was not pleased to see that the Saw Mill Plunge was not operational.  It was his favorite ride at Kennywood! He wanted to go on this one at least 114 times!
History bit
Just the sign this time!
Getting ready to ride the Carousel!
Lon is a little nervous about me taking his picture as the carousel was moving. We were told not to take photos while the ride was moving.  I did anyway. Such a scoff law.
Lunch break.  Lon studies the map to find out what else we can do!
Bumper cars!  We had fun, but being jarred like that was not as fun as I remember. Lon thought the ride was too short

Ferris Wheel. Lon was not so sure about it at first
It was fun, going around 5 times
View from the wheel. After the wheel we walked by the Saw Mill Plunge. It was WORKING!  Lon and I rode it a few times, but the line was moving very very slowly. They only had one person working the line and he was slow!
Brownie break
Lon shared with Grammalyn, somewhat reluctantly
In front of the Christmas Tree, in July
Ferris Wheel
Icee and a new toy Mommy won at Whack a Mole
Time to go home! 4 1/2 hours was enough time for today


Lon hugging a downtown Niantic whale. We were on our way to Covina's Groceria Italiana! What a yummy place.  Got some totellini salad and fresh mozzerella balls.  We also got a chicken salad grinder.  It was all so very good!  I am going to go back and get some more wonderful things!  They have a small selection now,  but I hope they get more in as they grow.
We also stopped by the downtown Book Barn. This is where they have cookbooks !  They had one I had wanted, so I got it! They also had a cookbook and history of Newport. Which I also got, I love the combination of history and food. My two favorite things. Lon will get to look at children's books tomorrow. We might have another box to mail back!
Lon did not want tortellini salad, so I made him a grilled cheese. He said it was yummy
A cardinal! We don't see those at home. Such pretty birds.
Time to get laundry done and get ready for another fun day tomorrow.  Maybe the beach in the morning, or the book barn, or something. Then we have a birthday party!

No comments: