Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 16: Travel

Starting Mileage: 4277.5 (I think)
Today was spent mainly in the car.
We woke up when we woke up, we got some breakfast. Said good bye to Aunt Karen, Uncle Kent and Ingrid and of course, Gunnar.  Then we got on the road! About 9:30am
The garmin took us a round about way again to I-95 north. We made it, even though traffic was a little heavy.  I need to look at the garmin and see if it is taking us the most direct route or if it is programmed to take the scenic route!  Finally to I-95 about 10:30
We got lunch on the New Jersey Turnpike. Something we do NOT recommend! A corn dog, hot dog and water was about 12 dollars (11.48)! OH MY!
Gas: 4349.1 10.9 gallons at $ 3.54
I was nervous about driving over the George Washington Bridge in New York City.  It took some concentration, but we got through.  I did not want to get off I-95 since I was not sure the garmin could get me back. It kept trying to take me to Fort Lee. Not sure why. I asked Lon to tell me when he saw signs for I-95 North!  He would yell out when he saw them and we followed those. 
It was fairly easy after that!
Tolls: 13.95, for the turnpike, 14.00 for the George Washington Bridge, 1.75 for the Cross Bronx Express Way.
We pulled into Niantic at 5:10pm. Grammalyn and Uncle Jeffy were waiting for us!
Tomorrow is something fun, with pictures!

No comments: