Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

We have a Guest Room!

This weekend, we got the guest room done! Janet came over and did the floor (I helped, really, I did) and Uncle Chong and Mark did the molding on Sunday!  As an added bonus Uncle Chong put up the new light fixture. I can now say, every room (except Lon's bathroom) has been painted, by me!,(sorry, Jeff, I do know you painted Lon's room when I was pregnant with Lon, Thank you!)  and every light fixture has been replaced. We are almost at the end of the renovation! We have our room, guest bath, and the kitchen and we have completely redone this house. We have a new roof, new furnace, new water heater and this upcoming week we are adding more insulation. whew!
Now it is time for a couple photos
New light fixture. I really like this one. The new floor vent cover is the same color as the metal on the fixture!


..
In this photo you can see the painting chair. This chair has been used by three generations! Grandmother Presken had the chair, I think she got it from her mother, but I am not sure. It has layers and layers of paint on it. and I used it to paint this room too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new guest room. It was a total make-over!


Michelle

suzy said...

Thanks Michelle, it was a total makeover. I have already changed the electic plug in thingys and they have new faceplates, so it really was all re done! I am very pleased with it

suzy said...

oh, and it was so fun spending time with you and the kids yesterday!

Anonymous said...

THe "new" room looks great. YOu all did a very good job. Oh, the chair was also used to make sausage at Easter. We would put the grinder on the seat. Lots of fun!
Mom

suzy said...

that is so cool, I will have to try it next time I make sausage!