Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tulip Time!

We were going to see the tulips last week, but did not make it.  We love the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. We have learned that the weekends are NOT the time to go. Lots and lots of other people love it too. It is so spectacular, fields of single color tulips. Red, yellow, pink, purple, I did not see white this year, but we did not see all the fields and some tulips were not open yet.  As usual, we went to Rozengaarde, their gardens are incredible.   This year I learned that just Rozengaarde has 350 acres of tulip fields, 450 acres of daffodils and 200 acres of iris. That is alot of flowers!  The ones I got last year that are coming up in my garden this spring are doing great!
Even though it looked like rain here, we went up. It was gorgeous there! Puffy white clouds, not ominous or ever present gray cloud cover!
At a field. We pulled off on the side of the road, got out and took pictures. This is not one of Rozengaarde's fields. All of those are marked with large signs.

We went to Rozengaarde, Lon and Daddy went off in one direction and said, we will be back, you take some pictures in the garden. We will find you. This is what I found when we caught up to each other. Ice Cream! Daddy went and bought Lon a cone. It was large, we all had to have some to finish it off.

Running. As if Lon could do something else in a field of grass The border was all planted in flowers, grape hyacinth, tulips, daffodils, all so pretty
What cha doin'? My mom does that too, but your camera is bigger than moms.  I can't use her big camera but sometimes she lets me use her little camera. I call it the sharing camera and I take pictures with it but only when she lets me. 
I am not sure the lady with the camera was even listening to Lon. She was nice though. Oh, there was not a pause or a breath in that long Lon talk

Daffodils. Thanks Mom for holding my coat. I was getting to warm.

These are called Gordon Coopers. I like them. We should get some. I want  you to remember that Mom. oh, wait. Please Mom can we get some of these? See, I am trying to be good. Did I do it right this time?

Enough of that, let's RUN!

A little pose since Mom asked nicely

My boys

In the back of the garden they have some fields. We went out to look at those. Lon was being silly.
Back inside the garden area. Another picture for Mom. Lon was not sure why I wanted him to sit down.  But he did it anyway. Thank you, Lon

Lon met a new little friend. And they both ran and chased each other around the tent several times. Lon wanted to play alot longer with Ethan, but Ethan was tired! Also, I wanted to see other flowers!

This one is for you, Grandma.  Wouldn't that giant wood tulip be cool near your front door? Lon thought so. No, I have no idea where to get them. Lon just wanted you to know about them.

A meltdown aversion talk. Lon wanted to play more with Ethan, but he was going home.  Daddy took care of it and helped Lon get back to a happier place

We left the gardens, got back in the car and went to look for more tulip fields!  Lon got the sharing camera out. He reminded me I should have given it to him in Rozengaarde. I told him he was right, but he could have asked for it before we got out of our car too.

Just a little wind

Got the sun out of his eyes for some prettier pictures. Could not decide which one was better, this one or the next one so I added them both!


Stomping dirt clods. It was cool, it was fun, and we did not let him do it near enough. He could have spent till the sun went down making big clods of dirt into mud, dust and dirt and he would have been happy!
It was time to go. We were getting hungry. Lon remembered a pizza place we stopped at last year. Of course he wanted to see if it was still as good. He said it most certainly was! I am not sure if any pizza is bad for Lon.  To be fair, this was good pizza!
It was a very fun day, we had a good time. When we got back home we noticed that the street was all wet. It had rained here while we were up enjoying the tulips in the sun. I am happy we went
Yes, I did get flowers to bring back to the house. Since it was Thursday they did not have a big selection to pick from, so I got yellow, red and one that was red and yellow. I think it will be wonderful when they open up. They should last till Easter!  I love my bunny vase!

No comments: