Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Grade School Carnival!

Friday night was Lon's first school carnival. He had a grand time! He saw alot of his friends and did every activity they offered. We were there about two hours.  I did not volunteer to run an activity this year, maybe next year.  I did, however, bake cake!
A spring lamb! Complete with spring flower garland. It was really fun to make. Lon wants me to make one for him for Easter. It was a lemon cake, not a red velvet as some people suggested.

German Chocolate Cupcakes! These were divided into 4 trays. One of each sprinkle topping per tray.
The cake and cupcakes I made went fast. This makes me happy
BOUNCEY HOUSE. Those rule!  Lon would have stayed there all night and not bothered with the rest of the carnival. I knew he would be disappointed if he missed it, so we pulled him out of there and went into the school to see what else there was.

Nerf gun target shooting. Very fun. Lon hit the target, a little high and to the right. Just like his momma.

Ring toss. We need to teach him how to throw a little better. He needs LOTS more practice.
Cake walk. Lon did this about 4 times.  He only won once, mainly due to his teacher. She was the one pulling out the numbers. 
There were lots of fun things, every game won a prize every time. Except cake walk. There was popcorn, cotton candy and this really cool balloon twist. Two long balloons twisted  around each other, but one has a little ball in it you can see rolling around.  The family had a great time. I think I will volunteer for an early shift next year. And make another cake or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day. Loved the photos that Lon took. He is getting better, but then I do not see the missed shots.
Have a good Sunday.

Mom

suzy said...

That is the beauty of digital cameras. I think Lon needs to move to a real digital camera.