Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our International Adventures Continue

We read in the paper that Uwajimaya is opening a new store where the old Bellevue Larry's used to be.  We thought we would go check it out!
In front of the sushi counter. TWO sushi chefs were working today.  Yes, we did get another shopping bag with the kites on it. And lunch.

In front of the live Tilipia tank.  They were very interested in looking at us.

The giant sole. It is only 1/2 the fish, the side you can not see has already been filleted and sold yesterday. 700 pounds of fish! We bought lots of stuff we did not need, it all looked good. Theresa was telling me all about how good Milk Tea is and we found some to try.  Lon got a piece of sugar cane! I got some origami paper and instructions on how to make my own Bento Box out of paper. This should be a fun thing to try. I used to love doing origami but I am very much out of practice.
On the way home we passes this cloud formation. I thought it looked interesting. Yes, that is blue sky Blue Sky! It is something celebrate!
I talked Lon into trying Rice candy. This is the kind that Mrs. Ohashi used to have in her shop. I loved it as a kid. Not surprisingly I still do. Lon ate most of the box though. There are only 5 in a box.

Daddy's lunch! Seaweed salad, kimchee, pickled eggplant, octopus, and radishes.
Daddy loved it.
I had noodles with chicken.
It was really a fun way to spend the morning.

No comments: