Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Dying Easter Eggs

On our list of things to do today was to cook and dye eggs! Lon was so excited.  He has not been old enough to really help out much before.  I poured in the vinegar and water. But everything else he helped with. His biggest disappointment, we only did 14 eggs. Way more than enough I think!
Boiling the eggs. I had two pots going, the deviled egg pot and the ones to be dyed.  These are to be deviled. mmmm, I love deviled eggs!

Cooling the eggs

Adding the dye pellets to the vinegar.  Lon thought it was pretty cool when the pellets started to fizz and we could really hear it!

Adding eggs. It is a serious business

Checking on the eggs. Are they pretty yet? Not quiet. Let's let them rest a little bit more in the dye bath. I think they like LONG baths.

This one I think is ready Mom!

See, isn't that pretty? I like it. Let's take them all out. I can handle this one, Mom! I know I can take them out and I will use the tool so I won't get my hands all dyed. Not like yours. (The cuticle on my  right thumb is a lovely shade of green. )

Our bright and shiney eggs. I want to eat at least one of them right now but I will wait. I put them back in the fridge to dry.
One more day till Easter! Lon is so excited! So is his Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Both of you! Have fun Saturday. Thinking of you.
Love,
Mom