Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2007

Mystic Aquarium


Wednesday arrived with bright blue skies! JOY! We were off to visit the Mystic Aquarium.

We of course went with Uncle Eric and GrammaLyn. Lon is looking at the sea lions in the outside tanks.
Off to Penguin Land.

These were tons of fun to watch, you could go into a little house to watch them underwater, which we did.


In the main building, Lon came face to face with a Morey Eel. YIPES!



Petting a baby alligator, well looking at it intently.






SHARK TEETH!!
After a nice little lunch outside, we found out we were just in time for the Sea Lion Show! That sounded like fun. Surprisingly there was no one sitting front row center. So we did. I was wondering if it was going to be like SeaWorld where you will get wet in certain seats, but I always try to get those....




If you look on the right side, you can see the sea lion's tail. Yes, he was THAT close.



So close I could not get the sea lion and Lon's reaction to him in the same shot!


Here is the big guy Lon was amazed by, as we all were.

Petting rays! It was very cool. It seemed we timed our visit just right. The pictures that did not turn out were the ones of Lon looking at the Beluga whales. He still talks about them. We did get him a book about Beluga whales. This one has real photos of the whales in it. I like it.
After we left the aquarium, we drove through a cemetery. It was interesting, the most interesting part was that it looked over into Mystic Seaport. What a beauty shot!
This was the last shot I was able to take as I lost battery power in my camera! Rats. That night we went to dinner with Godfather and Holly, and I was unable to take any photos. I now know to plug my camera in every night, even if I don't think I need to.

No comments: