Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dairy Queen


To be honest, I really did not think Dairy Queen food was good. The ice cream, yes, very much. Peanut Buster Parfaits are one of my favorites. I do try not to get them, I would like to be able to continue to sit in chairs. Today, Lon was super good in the pool. He did everything Coach Allison asked of him. He paddled, he kicked, he blew bubbles, jumped off the side and dunked his head! Excellent! When we got home, he wanted to take a walk! Which is great, since the weather was so lousy we have not been out! Now, getting back to the Dairy Queen part. In the middle of our walk is the McDonald's and right across the street is a Dairy Queen. Lon wanted ice cream. I told him Dairy Queen had great ice cream. Maybe not as good as Carl's but you don't have to cross the Rappahanock for it. He argued with me, no mommy it won't be good. We can get ice cream at Rite Aid. I told him to be patient and he would see. It would be yummy. This went on for a while. I ordered him a kid's meal (hot dog, fries, drink, and ice cream cone) This was less than chicken nuggets (no toy, but you get ice cream!) Lon is now rethinking the arguing with mommy. We ate outside in front of Safeway, they have tables and chairs.


Lon ate all his ice cream, first. Then his hot dog.


I had a popcorn shrimp basket, there was plenty of shrimp, more than enough! It was good. The fries were not the skinny fries, they were good too!

Funny faced hot dog boy!
Thanks, Mom!

No comments: