Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2008

Back into the Museum

We wanted to go back and see a few more things and it was time for a change.









The cadet's bags. The entire crew of cadets changed at Astoria. Some were going off to other places, one we talked to was going back to New London to get his math grades up. No more EMT work in Norwich for the summer. These cadets are amazing. They are doing so much, they are making the most of the opportunity.
Okay, I tried a couple time to get this photo in correctly and it is still being wonky. (tech term, wonky)


They have a plexiglass floor, underneath is the life that lives at the mouth of the Columbia river.

Lon discovered the tug boat. It is interactive. Buttons to push that make noise, radios, flashlights. It is all so much fun.









Playing with the bigger kids. They were nice to Lon.





We tried to drag Lon out of the tug for a little while to see more of the museum. It is a wonderful place!




Back to the tug.



There are fun buttons here too!


The captain's chair of the USS Knapp. I am not sure of all the connection to Astoria, I forgot to take the photo of the information. *I will add more when I learn it.

Back to the tug. We did finally get Lon out of there to continue our Saturday adventures.

This was only our morning. We have an afternoon to blog! Coming up next!!

2 comments:

Jim said...

What fun, I see a potential career forming! Remember when we went to see the battleship docked off of Mobile?

suzy said...

Yes, and I still have my snowglobe!