Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

They're GONE!


We wanted to thin out some of our trees. They got planted too close together a long time ago, and the pear tree was dying. Rats. The company said they would be here on Thursday. I would move the car, so they could have the entire driveway. Well, they came on Wednesday! We got home to a very big backyard!

Mark standing in front of where the pear tree used to be.





Two less Aspens.


I will miss the red maple, but the other two maples will grow better now. It was just too many trees in such a small space.


To me, this is the most dramatic change. The holly is gone. and the tree that was hidden behind the holly is gone. I have plans for a garden in there. Berries I think, blueberries, raspberries.... I am thinking about it.

I need to cut off all the fern, so it will grow back healthier. But now that is in full daylight, it might not like being there at all.

Lon is thinking we have all this room now, he needs his own personal swing set, with slide and perhaps a rope climb or a rock wall. Dream big Kiddo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Back Yard.
Tell Lon Dreams do come true, espically big freams.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

That was DREAMS!! I am tired.

Jim said...

I love freams! :)

It beautiful where you live, so much green. I like the plans for a berry farm, that sure beat paying $5 for little container of raspberries.

suzy said...

freams are what make life worth living. Unlike zucchini, not many people turn down fresh raspberries...