Search This Blog

Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Cheesecake for Uncle Dan




Every year, Uncle Dan can pick out his birthday cake/pie. This year he chose a Black forest Cheesecake. Hmmm, I had no recipe for that. But of course I said, sure no problem! I went on line and looked. I struck out. I printed out a recipe for black forest cake, looked at all the good stuff in it, and made up the cheesecake recipe. The recipe I came up with made one 10 inch cheesecake and four little ones. The little ones were tests, to see if this was edible. And since the little ones are evaporating, I am thinking it is pretty good.

There are two types of chocolate in the cake, tart cherries, and kirsch. The topping is a cream moose with dark chocolate mini curls.
Okay, that is all fine and good, but can we eat it now?

2 comments:

Jim said...

Oh no, that doesnt look good at all! ;) Beautiful!

(I suppose those would not survive the shipping journey to TX?)

suzy said...

Actually, it probably would if I overnighted it. let me know when you want one. Cheesecakes travel fairly well....