Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fun in River City



I went back to the hotel room and met up with Mark and Lon. Lon wanted to show me the fun things he saw that were not open, hoping that they would be open by the time we went back! Everything was open!













The clock tower.










Even though the Red Wagon is something that doesn't open or close. Mark and Lon wanted to share it with Mommy first. They did not go to that part of the park until I was with them, how sweet is that?

The wagon was built in 1990. It is 12 feet high, 27 feet long, it can hold up to 300 people up top. It weighs 26 tons.

Lon is impressed with the wagon.















Lon has noticed that it is a SLIDE. That is all he can say now, slide slide slide! me me me!














The stairs that go up













There is Lon about to come down!











Lon went up the back stairs with help from Mom or Dad, then down the slide by himself, 4 more times. He loves the slide!










The next thing we found was the carousel. This is an all-original Looff Carousel. It was delivered to Spokane in 1909. Lon wanted to go on the horse. Lon picked the horse called Liberty. According to the web site, all the horses have names, there are even dragons, which we did not see. Lon told me he wanted to go on the horses by saying me horse, me! I was not sure he would like it. Last year, at the Puyallup Fair, the carousel was a huge mistake. Lon was not happy then. This time, it was pure love! He had a great time and wanted to go it again!









We only did one ride of the carousel. Then we went to lunch at the Riverfront Bistro. Bistro would be a bit of a stretch. They had burgers and dogs. Lon and I had a hot dog, Daddy had a burger. We shared our meal with a couple of hornets! No one got stung so it was all good.








After we ate, Lon had his hot dog bun left. We thought it would be fun to feed the geese, ducks and seagulls. Lon enjoyed it. Apparently lots of people feed them, it is fun!






Our next stop was the fountain. There were lots of people playing in the fountain. Lon would have none of it. He did not want to get out of the stroller and play in the water. He was starting to get a little tired.





We looked at the fountain and then we were off again!




We walked across the lower bridge to see Spokane Falls. The little island in the middle is called Canada Island. There is alot of history Mark was telling us, but I won't get it correct, so I will put it in after I look it up.


















I am not tired Mommy! I am not tired! oh but the chair is so comfy....

He's out.

I will post part two of Fun in River City tomorrow. There really is tons to do in Spokane.

No comments: