Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blackberry Pie



I love blackberries! I am thrilled I live in a place that has blackberries. I remember picking them in Alabama, but for the life of me I can not remember what we did with the berries! I know we picked TONS of them, saw snakes, got attacked by ants (very scary) but what did we ever do with those berries?

Lon is suited up to help. I have the bucket attached to the stroller and a smaller bucket to help. Lon had Tritop, sunglasses and his mariner's hat. He is ready to help. We did lots of talking while I picked the berries. Even though I did not go into the brambles, I did get my legs scratched up!




Some berries were tantalizingly out of reach!







Juanita Bay, part of Lake Washington.






Lunch time for the crane!







We took a break from picking berries and walked up and down the boardwalk.





The haul. This is a BIG bucket too. We got about 12 cups of berries.


Which we used to make super tasty blackberry pie!

The pie turned out great! A little tart, but that made cool creamy vanilla ice cream just perfect with it. As a matter of fact I think we will get some right now. Lon likes the ice cream part best.

No comments: