Search This Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Backyard Logging


Uncle Vasu came over and helped Daddy cut off a branch on one of the maples. This is to see if the middle red maple will make it, if not, it has to come out.
Lon was watching from the porch, but after the tree branch was down, I let him go and go he did!










Did he go to Daddy or Uncle Vasu, nope, off he went straight to hug Natasha. She escaped earlier. But she always lets Lon catch her! It is so cute.









See, Uncle Vasu, this is really interesting, can you tell me what it is?


The branches all got put in the yard waste bucket, and the branch got cut up into usable lengths. Now we have some wood for when the power goes out this winter. Please note, I said when, not if.


The next day, Friday the 27th, I look out the back window and there really was a logger there! Lon and I skipped swimming that morning, it was too cold. We watched the logger take down the rest of the tree. The homeowner took off all the branches, with a little hacksaw thingy and a short ladder. Luckily smarter people prevailed upon him to hire a professional. I am always amazed at the skill loggers possessed. It truly is amazing.
I took these photos from inside. Even though the logger was skilled, trees are not predicable. I was not going to let Lon in the backyard when tree parts were falling.




We were having peanut butter toast while we watched the logger.



Logging is cool.
The rest of the tree came down as it should. It was fun to watch.

No comments: