Search This Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Driving to Spokane.



Lon and I got up super early, for us, at any rate. We drove Daddy to work, went home. Got our errands ran, moved the car seat to Big Red. Loaded up Big Red with all our stuff and the two items for the antiques roadshow. When Daddy was done with work, early! We picked him up and we were on the road!







The mighty mighty Columbia!





The Horse Sculptures at Vantage.




After the moonscape that is the scenery on I-90, the pines of Spokane.



The convention center! I can't wait to get in there and find out if we really do have family heirlooms!


The view from our hotel room! Very nice place. The convention center Double Tree is a nice place. They gave Lon the cutest backpack, with a Frisbee, crayons, a coloring book, binoculars and a deck of cards. Not to mention those wonderful warm chocolate chip cookies on check in.

We went to dinner across the street at the Azteca. On our way over there we passed a bunch of people from the Roadshow. They were going to dinner too. We politely said, excuse us and walked by. As we walked by we heard, I guess they don't recognize us. Well, yes I did. It was the toy expert. I just did not want to make a total fool of myself. Lon wore Eddie to the restaurant. He loves Eddie, and Eddie is such a life saver!
Lon feeds Daddy chips and salsa! Lon had a mexi hot dog. A hotdog and cheese wrapped in a tortilla and cooked. Lon ate about half, along with some plain chips. That last salsa experience has made him very leery about trying new salsas. He will still eat lemons though, even though he makes the sour face!
We went back to the room, I wanted to get ready for tomorrow. My ticket was for the first wave, 8am! WhoooHOOO!!!

No comments: