Search This Blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sillyness, just plain sillyness


Our neighbor girl, Miss Sarah, had a birthday. She turned 15. What did she want for her birthday? A *My Little Pony* skirt and a cat shaped purse. I had the patterns, I have patterns for almost everything you can imagine! So I made her a skirt. It has ruffles on the backside. Just like I would make for Miss Ingrid. And her purse. This is a picture of the purse face. I will post a picture of Miss Sarah with her skirt later. The purse has a feather boa for a tail. It really is just silly. But Sarah likes it, and you really should be indulged on your birthday. That's the philosophy that works for me.

Miss Sarah.


















Lon is supervising the brushing of the pets. On Sunday, Mark thought it would be a good idea to run the sweeper. So we moved furniture, ran the sweeper. But the sun was shining and the floors looked awful. We got out the steam cleaner. We really cleaned the floors. Then put all the furniture back. I went down stairs to start work on the laundry room. I emptied out the things I could move. I went to get all the icky stuff from behind the washer and dryer. I moved out the washer. Why did I ever get so ambitious? Last year we had a leak in the washer. Well, now there was mold under it. EW. Serious ew. I called Mark, he brought me the bleach. I cleaned out under the washer. Then I went to move the dryer, bad idea. The dryer gave shock. Nasty. My elbow still hurts when I move my fingers. I hope it gets better. Mark tilted the dryer and I got under it with the sweeper. Finally we were DONE. Then we had a thought, perhaps we should brush the pets, since that was what started this whole thing in the first place. Too much pet hair on the floor. I brushed the dog, Mark got to brush the cats.









Rocky is NOT impressed with the whole brushing thing. He thinks that it is just not a fun thing and we should skip it. But where is the fun in that?




Lon got a new pair of Jammies for his upcoming FIRST birthday. He loves them. They are a little bit big, but that is wonderful. Lon is comfy in them and they look so good on him! Hanna Anderson's stuff is so soft! The best part is, it gets softer the more you wash it! How cool is that? Lon of course, loves the new jammies. He is going to save the stars and stripes Jammies to be worn when we are in DC. Thank you, Grandma Phis!!

Lon is eating a dried shitake mushroom. Mark was making Hot and Sour soup. The last time we were at Paldo World we got a huge pillow of dried mushrooms so we could have them on hand. Mark makes the best Hot and Sour Soup. It is yummy and Lon likes it too. I give him the tofu, mushrooms and bamboo shoots out of the soup. He really likes the tofu, and as you can see the mushrooms.

Lon is really getting into this phone thing. He LOVES playing with the phones. My cell phone can be turned to games, so he can not call anyone. It is not random strangers I have a problem with, it is if he accidentally calls 911. That would take up their time needlessly and not be good.

Silly phone.

No comments: