Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2006

9th Grade Graduation!


Around here Junior High is three years and high school is three years. They had a Graduation Assembly for the 9th graders on the last day of school. Miss Sarah asked if we would come. It started at 9 am. Of course we would be there!

The kids who got the presidential Silver Award for getting a 3.5 GPA for the last three years. Sarah is in that mix somewhere! Congratulations Miss Sarah on the good grades!

Lon wore his stripped jacket, blazer and a tie. He was the very best looking man there. Young or old! Mommy was not looking too shabby either. When I called Mark and told him we were home, he said, oh too bad you did not call me 5 minutes earlier we could have met up at the Indian restaurant I told you about. HA! I will meet you there! We are jumping back in the car RIGHT NOW! And we did. We actually beat the guys there! I have not had really good luck with Indian food. Apparently I had not had real Indian food. The stuff I remember was greasy, overcooked, heavily sauced and so spicy I could not eat for the rest of the day. Well, real Indian food is NOT like that. I even ate Vindaloo. It was all super yummy! Lon however was not used to Basmati rice, he likes his mother sticky rice much better.

Lon is eating his tie! He is enjoying the tie very much.

I enjoyed the food at Mayuri so much that I went home and actually tried to make Lamb Vindaloo ala Goa. I did not make it very hot, as I lost my taste for spicy when I was pregnant. (Lon would send it back if it was spicy.) Mark took some of the leftovers for lunch. Uncle Vasu said the spices were correct and it was good, but it could have had more heat. He can always add heat. I am pleased that my first attempt at Indian Cuisine turned out well. I will try again!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Oh yeah, Vindaloo, my favorite Indian! First time I made it at home it was like volanic gas and lava over basmati :)

Funny we have a Mauyri here too, its great!