Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Miss Lindsay!


Today was a great day! Miss Lindsay was in town getting the boat ready for fish season. She was able to get a couple hours off and come visit us. That was wonderful! Lindsay got to meet Lon.

On the way to pick her up, I thought that Lon and I would leave a little early as he did not have a morning nap, the car ride would do him some good. My car would not start. bubkiss. nada. hmmmm. Okay, so I asked the neighbor to give me a jump, well that got the radio to work, but the engine would not turn over, all we got was that clicking noise. I was thinking it can not be my starter, the car is only 6 years old! rats rats rats. Mark came home, I got in his car, left the little guy at home with his Dad and went to pick up Lindsay. In Ballard. I only got lost once as I got committed to the turn lane to go across the Fremont bridge. I turned around, saw the statue of Lenin, got back on the bridge and made it to Ballard just fine. The other thing that happened was I got rear ended. No damage to Mark's car. The other guy was only going a couple miles an hour. Thank God!
While I was trekking through Seattle, my car got towed to the repair place. As it turned out someone who drives my car, but is not me, left a light on, did not close the door all the way, something, and the battery was completely and totally drained. The best part of it was that the battery was still under warranty. WHEW!


Lon did not get his afternoon nap either. He fell asleep in his dinner. Poor little guy. He slept for a couple hours, got up played and then we took Lindsay home. Back to Ballard. This time I did not go to Fremont first. It was so nice to see Lindsay.


We dropped Lindsay off with her bag of oatmeal cookies and some fresh mint from the garden. We stopped off and each got a map of Seattle. I think that will help me!


2 comments:

Jim said...

Ouch, bad car karma. Glad you made it through all of the transportation hurdles!

What a cute shot of Lon sleeping next to his snack. Reminds me of the shot my mom took of me sleeping face-down in a bowl of Spaghetti-O's.

Anonymous said...

Love all the photos mummy Susan! At first I was thinking what a serious little guy Lon appeared to be, then I found some good smile shots. He looks so gentle.
Who left the lights on in your car? Was this your diplomatic way of not pointing any fingers at your dearly beloved spouse by any chance?
Lindsay is beautiful too!