Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2016

Leisurely Pursuits and Grand Entertains: Sport and Leisure at Middleton Place

On Saturday Morning, after a successful time garage saleing, we went to Middleton Place for the annual Leisurely Pursuits.  I enjoyed it last year, this year, we went as a family.

The front yard.

I just missed him showing off.


Signora Bella!

She was very funny.

Lon got to be one of her brave young men, tossing the clubs to her while she balanced on the flaming globe of death.

walking the slack line


I walked over and talked to the cashmere goats. Love those girls.  One of the caretakers walked up and said I have never seen her smile like that the whole time I have been here.  Yep, I talk to this goat every single time I come.  I like to think she was smiling at me because she remembered me.

Lon showing Dad the chicks. I think they counted 12 chicks in there.

Arthur, the friendly cat.

Lon found Mary the cat also, Henry the other cat that lives at Middleton was hiding.

Mary started chasing a lizard, she caught it and then had a snack. We moved on just before her snack.

 We went to the games tent. Lon is much better at hoop than he was last year! He had that thing rolling pretty well

He also got much better at Graces.  He was having fun playing with Nate

He got up on stilts! He did three steps, he tried about three times to get better. Dad was helping him get up on the stilts.
There is an alligator sunning himself down near the bank.

there is an alligator motoring along in the pond by the bridge





the spring house was wafting cool air out, just like having the refrigerator door open!



looking at the two alligators in the big rice pond

there were so many dragon flies buzzing around

yes, I used the zoom feature



Very southern looking.

Learning about porcupine quills. the one he was showing Lon was very large

Trying his hand at lawn bowling. Lon did knock down a couple pegs, but he did not get a strike.  One good thing, none of his balls went into the pond. No one was going to recover those!

Teaching Lon how to do the whirling coin.

They were also sampling shrubs at this tent. Pomegranate was very good. Next time I will make another flavor. We have three bottles of ginger shrub in the fridge.

Patting the little cone head shrub

last photo of the afternoon.

It was a really fun day. Happy we could go as a family!


No comments: