Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

A Fun Day at the Lake

Today, first thing on our agenda was to go to the Ranger Station and get the Jr. Ranger badges.  Sadly, when we walked in, there were NO rangers! One was up in Stekehekin doing interpreter stuff and the other one was giving a fire safety workshop.  They will be in tomorrow  by 7:45 am, we won't be in that early, but we will be there too!
We then went downtown to see what we could see
Do a little shopping. Pool Noodles and a pair of goggles, those were very much needed
Petting dogs was a wonderful thing to do in the early afternoon
Lon did not want to go into any more stores, so we snuck away to the Lake Chelan Museum! They had a treasure hunt for kids. I called the others and said to come on by when they were done, this was FUN
Luckily, they found the smashed penny machine, only one design and got one for Lon before they came over. All the kids had a ball finding all the stuff on their lists. The lists were all different too!  At the end, the kids got a polished agate. Lon got the orange one.   I highly recommend this little museum, it was fun, the people running it are great. They have some wonderful things in there. Beautiful Native things, some Forest Service things, some old hydroplane stuff, and lots of cool things all about Lake Chelan.
Sadly, I can not recommend this place at all. We went in, asked if we could sit outside since it was a small place inside and there were 7 of us.  It took forever to get someone to come out and take our order. We got menus when we walked back outside. Then once we did give our order it was ALL wrong, every single bit of it. I got a tomato slice and I ordered a margherita. The other ladies got calzones, but they were wrong and not even warm. As if they just had them on the counter left over from the earlier lunch rush. The pizza was wrong for the kids. They made them a pepperoni pizza, with a TON of pepperoni on it. We most certainly ordered a cheese.  It took over an hour to get it right. They did bring the kids one bread stick each. They were not bread sticks really, just thin strips of pizza crust with parmesan on them.  Being with hungry kids for that long was not pleasant for anyone. The reason we decided to eat downtown was so we would get something fast. Did not work out that way, and they did nothing to make it right. They said the most she could do was give us the complimentary bread sticks free.  So very not cool. I did write a review on Yelp and I usually don't do that.  When Brandy called back later on this evening to talk to the manager, she was told she could not talk to the manager since no one was there, they were not closed but no one was there.  This is not the way to run any place of business.
We left and went back to the hotel to get ready for some pool time!  Lon's new pool noodle and cheap goggles

Noodle rider. The pool was 87 degrees and the hot tub was about 110.  It was oh so nice on my knee. I went into both the pool and the hot tub.
Lon making new friends

After two hours in the pool and hot tub it was time to go back to the room for dinner.
The kids had hot dogs, the adults had pierogi and elk and antelope steaks.
Brandy took this photo of the kids hanging out on the porch
Then Compass came to visit. He cooed at us and strutted his stuff.  Then went off to find George
The kids watching a movie waiting waiting for the adults to get done with dinner so they could go get s'mores
Marshmallow roaster ! We did see his new friends making s'mores too. This place is so much fun, they supply all the ingredients for s'mores. For an hour every night. Between 7 and 8, and if they run out before 8, they will replenish the supply tray.
S'mores are still yummy.
I stayed downstairs to enjoy the fire a bit more, and everyone else went upstairs to see the game room. Lon, I was told, has the makings of a pool shark. He is pretty good at the game.  Lon's new friends were up there too. He was having a great time playing with boys!
The way the light was hitting the hillside it just did not look real. It looked to me like a painting.  It was beautiful
The sun sets on our last night in Lake Chelan. Tomorrow we all sleep in our own beds.  We all had a great time. Thank you so much to Rochelle for making this happen!

No comments: