Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Boy



Saturday night it started to snow.




Sunrise on Sunday morning. The snow has stopped falling.



Okay, let's get out of these jammies and into snow clothes!


Got Mom's old hat on my head and my snow clothes and a shovel. What more could a boy need?


I think my nose is cold.

I am not about to go inside though. I put the camera down and played with Lon in the snow, and we made snow angels in the front and backyards.

Tonight, Monday, they say it is to get down to 15 degrees. Wednesday it will snow like crazy, 3 to 6 inches. Not above freezing till Sunday, with more snow! another 3 to 8 inches likely. We very well could have a white Christmas! WHOOHOOO! I am starting to get some baking done. Lon is helping. I made divinity today. Cold and clear weather is perfect for divinity, and it did turn out perfect! Last year, it was just too damp to even think about divinity! Lon is not so sure he likes it, but he will later.

4 comments:

Amilu said...

Mom made her Divinity a couple days ago and hers came out great too. 40% humidity in K-Town if you can get it is perfect I guess.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all having fun in the snow. Stay warm,
Love you,
Mom

Jim said...

Wow, unlike the snow in Houston, yours is still there the next day!

BYW, your tree looks great. I like the lluminaries on the walkway too.

suzy said...

Usually it does leave the next day. This is staying because it is really cold here. Tonight it is supposed to get to 17. Yep. 17 tiny degrees, but on the good side it is above zero.
I remember the luminarios we did in Mobile and those are not going to work up here, and when Mom found these in a catalog....