Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Molbak's Festival of Poinsettias


Every year Molbaks does a Festival of Poinsettias. They have a huge tree made of the red flowers and so many varieties of them that I can not list them all. Big ones, little ones, red ones, white ones, variegated ones. It is all so pretty. Lon and I got dressed up and off we went! Lon wore a regular shirt until we got to the parking lot, then he changed.

There were only a few benches for photos this year. Last year (see last year's blog) there were lots of fun stations for photos. This year, not so much.

Lon did find something he really enjoyed. All the animals. I loved the big lion in the pith helmet. However, we just don't have room for it...

Lon did look so cute when he turned and told me I could get him one of the little animals!



Some of the varieties of poinsettias



I liked the way they had these displayed. They had a light in the glass blocks, very soft light. The blocks just glowed. Very pretty.


No, not the people who look they are arguing, but the cheerful blue and white snowman display!

Every year Molbaks provides samples of their Danish Kringle and coffee or tea. Lon took a sample of the kringle and ate most of it despite the face he made here.

Yes, Mom, I did get a poinsettia for the house. It is very pretty. It is called Nutcracker Pink. I will try to get a photo of it soon.

Lon had fun today. As soon as we were back in the parking lot, his pretty sweater came right off!

Oh! I took these with my brand new Christmas present! Can you tell?

4 comments:

Jim said...

Impressive display! You always find the most interesting things to see and do (how do you find the time).

Anonymous said...

I realy missed not being there with you this year. It is a special place. I know you will have a great holiday season.
Love you and Miss you all,
Mom

suzy said...

I try to get Lon out to do the fun things that will give him happy memories later. And sleep is SO last year....

suzy said...

We really missed you too Mom!