Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Disaster in GingerTown!

Things started off well. Lon and I went to Costco awhile ago and got our gingerbread house kit. The last two years those have been PERFECT.

Lon wanted to build it since last week. Today I brought it out. The excitement is starting to build!


It looks so beautiful!


Unwrapping the candies





Lon gets to do some frosting work on the little trees

Now on to decorating. Lon is doing great work!








THEN DISASTER STRUCK!




The roof started caving in! This had not ever happened with the previous kits!

WHAT? Can you fix it???



I am not sure if I can fix it...


NO!NO! NO! FIX IT MOMMY! MOMMY CAN FIX ANYTHING!

I took Mark's car and braved the icy roads looking for a new kit. No luck. I got some graham crackers and white chocolate, and we used some of the left over candies from the other kit and made these. One box of graham crackers makes 3 houses.


Mommy got the brilliant idea of using hot glue. Since it was a smashing house anyway, what the heck. Hot glue fixes everything!

2 comments:

Jim said...

LOL, mommy and hot glue can fix it all. Very creative, you dont need a kit apparently!

suzy said...

Sure I can! We have fun with the ginger houses.