Search This Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Finally, The Bassett Bash


After living in this area for more than a decade, having a hound for more than a decade, we finally made it to Woodinville's Bassett Bash. It has happened for the last 23 years. A parade, a bash -- where the longest ears are measured, the loudest howl, the most freckles, the farthest traveled (salem or.). There were about 150 to 200 hounds there. Bullwinkle was in heaven! His hips are feeling better (good drugs) and he was amongst his own. Lon seemed to enjoy finally being out of the house! He is feeling better too. Mommy, however, is fighting that yearly battle against the dreaded elm tree pollen. Someone told me that there were only a few trees blooming now, cherry (nope, been to the cherry blossoms in DC, not them), alders (you gotta be kidding me, I grew up in an alder forest, I would have known it before now), and elms. So by process of elimination, it is elms.

When we got home Lon was a bundle of energy! He wanted to crawl! so I let him, we set up a play area, plenty of blankets for him if he fell over and bonked his head. We have his toys set up, the play wall that makes noise and the other toy that makes noise. The other toy is one that will convert to a little desk later, says it will last till he is 36 months old. Which would be nice. It lights up and plays 5 songs. He loves it. It lights up and plays music. What could be better than that? Of course, we had this all set up, and he wanted to play elsewhere!



I am going to find the squirrel! I see him!




















A pit stop to look in the Einstein on the way to the squirrels. It is really interesing under there.









Yes, there is glass between the two.

















He now hoists himself up and stands. He can walk holding on to furniture, etc. I am pretty sure that by Easter he will be walking on his own. Then we really get BUSY! This is going to be fun.

4 comments:

Jim said...

The shot with the squirrel is priceless. Walking, oh my, this will be a new chapter of Babyland :)

suzy said...

I know, I can't wait. But it seems it is going by SO fast. I am glad you talked me into writing this!

Anonymous said...

Can't you hear the music in the background from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly? The two gunslingers, facing off at sunset.... Lon and the squirrel....

suzy said...

that was so funny! Thanks