Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2006

Grass


Today was a busy day for the little guy. He helped me plant the hanging baskets and the flower pot that goes on the rail in front of the house. 5 baskets in front, and only one of the three that goes in back. Yesterday, Lon helped me pick out the plants, and today he told me what colors he wanted to see together. I think he did a pretty good job. He was out in the driveway in his einstien. After I was done getting my hands all dirty (that was so wonderful, being able to do some gardening even if it was just the baskets!) Lon got out of his toy and decided to see what this grass stuff was all about. The lawn was tall. He thought it was okay for about 5 minutes, then, he noticed it was really damp and rather cold and it was time for a cookie anyway.














After checking out the grass we went back in. Had a cookie and read the new oregon coast magazine



He is going to tell Daddy about all the good places to see and do on the Oregon Coast. He thinks it would be tons of fun to go back there! Well, okay, Mommy thinks it would be tons of fun to go down the coast again.











I have to put this photo in. I did this on Sunday night after Lon went to bed. I have always thought those decorated sugar cubes were really nifty. I finally found where they sell the rectangle sugar *cubes*. They are only sold in the deep south, made by Dominos. Thank goodness you can get them online! They are called tablets. Same amount of sugar, just a bigger *work* surface. I did about 180 sugar tablets. Royal icing flowers. it was great fun. I love it when it turns out well. Almost looks like I knew what I was doing.



2 comments:

Jim said...

I love the shot of him looking at his hand ... "Hmmm, my hand is feeling wet now".

Wow, all those sugar tablets, what an amazing job you've done. I guess we need to add that to your growing list of talents.

suzy said...

It is hard to take a bad picture of Lon! Those tablets were really fun to do. The people at PEO seemed impressed....