Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!

Grandma and Lon. Easter Morning

Lon and Rahul
Lon had a wonderful Easter! The Easter Bunny brought him a basket with his name on it. Filled with a baby tigger toy, a cell phone that when he presses certain buttons he hears Mommy or Daddy's voice telling him we love him! Two books, a book about the Easter Bunny, (proper introductions and all that) and a counting book with dogs! (one dog, woof, two dogs, woof! ARP arf!, etc) Very cute. 10 dogs and one cat.


We had a great dinner for Easter, and terrific company. Mark's Mother and Brother came from Connecticut, Uncle Vasu and his roommate Rahul, Dan and Chris. Our dinner was good. Ham, Potatoes Au Gratin, asparagus, Bunny Salad (the shredded carrots, with pineapple and raisins) 5 cup salad, rolls, and a raspberry cheesecake. Assorted sweet breads (mainly hot cross buns, Kulich and the accompanying Pashka. Everyone was very full. The only thing we ran out of was asparagus. The ham from Costco is a great ham.
This is the Pashka and Kulich. I am very pleased with myself. This is my first attempt for me to use the Pashka mold I found at a garage sale. They did not know what it was, it was just in the garage. I KNEW what it was. I had wanted one for a long time. It does not have the designs routed into the sides. But it is a proper mold. I am happy with it. Pashka is a sweetened cream cheese with raisins and almonds in it. The Kulich (a bread) is supposed to look like the onion domes on the Orthodox church. I think they look pretty good too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzy, Lon looks magnificant!!! What a great little man! I miss him lots.
I am so proud of you, your East looks so nice and your baked goods and the cheese are amazing. I did miss all the good stuff. And your cocnut egg is so good. Mother and I were eating it last night.
Take care, Mom

Jim said...

Your list of talents grows :) Those look amazing!

suzy said...

Thanks everyone. Tasty and pretty! gotta love that combo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.