Search This Blog

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mangos



We tried a new fruit today. Mangos. They actually make jarred mango baby food. I got some to try it. After the peach fiasco, I was not sure. Jarred peach baby fruit is horrible. Increadibly sour taste followed by a mere hint of peach flavor. I did not blame the little guy for hating it. I hated it. The mango however was a hit. Someone told me just stick with the basics. Mangos can be basic. All the neighbor kids learned through the years that whatever I was serving they had to at least try it. Not just take a tiny bit and swallow fast, but a minimum of three bites. Most of the time they ended up liking stuff they would have never thought of trying. Greek, Lebenese, Roman, Polish foods, etc. I at least have to provide the same education for my son! When peaches come in season we will try peaches again. This time I will make them into baby fruit. I just have to figure out what to do with two jars of baby peaches.
Time to go and finish up putting away Christmas boxes. Everything is all boxed, I just have to get it moved to the crawl space. Our house is on a slight slope, so the crawl space is huge on one side. Tall enough for me to stand in. I use that for storage. We are the only house in the neighborhood that has room in the garage for a car.
It is either put the stuff away or watch football. Football might win.

1 comment:

Jim said...

You know, I like my mangoes spread ALL OVER my face too, I am glad someone else understands how to properly eat them :) hehehe

Very cute shot.

I would choose football over putting away the boxes.