Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The GOWN



This is why I have not blogged in a couple days. I finally finished the gown! Just in time for Lon's Baptism on Sunday. A clean house, food prepared, those were all secondary to getting the gown finished. I got most of the embroidery done before Christmas. Measured Lon, measured the pattern, ooops! I was able to enlarge the pattern sucessfully and it is now done. Whew! I am very pleased with how it turned out

Detail of the coat embroidery. There are crystals in the center of each rose, and there are fresh water pearls. The main color has to be white. But there are blue, yellow and pink roses, three shades of green, the vines are lighter than the two shades of leaves.

On to other things, Lon's first tooth has finally poked through. I can feel a sharp little edge when he chomps on my finger. His drooling is a bit less. He is also working hard every day! He is playing on the floor with all his new toys. He is still tyring hard to crawl. He now can get up on all fours, but putting it into drive is still a not happening!

I will probably not be on till after Monday. Lon will be baptised on Sunday and then we have a big party at the house. I am looking forward to it.

Mom and Grandmother are already here. It is so nice to have them here. The rest of the family comes in on Saturday.

1 comment:

Jim said...

That is beautiful! I can only imagine the number of hours it took for all of that detail to be applied!

Maybe you should start your own gon making business? :)