Search This Blog

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Now He is TWELVE

Tweleve.
I am going to let that sink in.
Tweleve.
I am going to try to enjoy each and every day and not think of the very short amount of time I have left to have him living at home.

On his own he went and found his Birthday shirt and put it on.  That made me happy. He could have continued to wear his t shirt and I would not have said anything.  My sweet boy.

This  year he wanted to have a sleep over with a few friends instead of a big party.

As soon as his friends arrived for the sleepover, he wanted to open presents. So he did.



His big present from Mom and Dad.  I told him that even though I ordered it, it was back ordered and then canceled. I would try to re order it, but I was not sure I could since it was such a popular toy.
The Saturn V rocket. The same type rocket as the one we slept under when we went to Kennedy Space Center.  The lego has 1969  pieces.  How cool is that?

Pizza! Lots of pizza!

He wanted to help put in the candles in his cake.

He wanted a glaxay cake. That is what I made, the inside was chocolate with a cherry filling.

The boys had eaten a lot of pizza so cake and ice cream waited till closer to  "bed time" .  Bed time really did not happen.

Blowing out the candles.  12 color flame candles, and a 12.  

The sleepover was a success, all the boys had a great time.  It was fun.  Slightly weird for Lon's mother, not to plan a big party, but it was okay.

No comments: