Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes

Last year Lon and I found this place by accident as we were driving north to pick up Lon's bookcase.  I wanted to show Mark and since I was driving, after one wrong turn I did.  It is in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
Last time Lon and I were there,  the way to the Grotto itself was not open, it opens at 9:30 am.  So this was a first time seeing that part for all of us.

Our Lady

from the parking lot. The lot is well away from the shrine, ample parking but you do not hear the cars at the Grotto.



this is the visitor's center

The Grotto.  They do have a spigot from the spring you can get a drink from. We all did, and I even splashed some on my knee.  It is a very peaceful place.

The tiny stone chapel

The doors looking out.



along the path

The path

Mark has some pictures of the candles in the grotto, where there is absolute silence asked of all who enter. I need to get them off his phone.



It is such a wonderful place to visit.

No comments: