Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Mailing

I wanted to get all our Christmas gifts away sooner rather than later.  Today was the day.  The boxes were ready, I sealed them all. Made out the customs forms for two of them and loaded the car while Lon was at school.
I thought about going while he was at school, however, I have not ever mailed our Christmas packages without him. (well, since he was born anyway)  This year was not going to be different.  I put his Santa hat in the car, along with a new thing I found at Target called a grab and go pack.  I picked up Lon at school and off we went to the post office. The parking lot was PACKED!  We got a cart, but it was on the small size. This did not make Lon happy. He could not ride in the cart. This was on the edge of tragedy.
He got on with things. All the while thinking how he was going to get into that cart!
He tried riding on top for a bit, it was not all that stable. He asked me to take him off.
Getting bored. The line moved fast, we spent as much time at the counter adding postage as we did in line. We could not do the self service since we had international mail.
Grab and Go Pack to the rescue! Stickers, crayons and a little coloring book!  These things are wonderful. I am going to look for more of them.
FINALLY able to get into the cart! He got to ride it to the drop off point.  He said next year we have to get the bigger cart. Don't forget Mom!
Our Christmas packages are mailed and on their merry way! Now to move on to Christmas baking. Check the cookie blog for more cookies. I will post us making candy on this blog.  I made butter toffee but since the humidity was so high it is more or less a carmel.  I have to remember to check the weather first!

2 comments:

Cheryl Geels said...

The picture you posted last year of Lon riding on top of a pile of presents was beyond precious. I'm with him...next year, remember :D

Savanah said...

You are a Super Woman!!! with a great little helper.