Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween's Eve

Today was a BUSY day! We made the mini cupcakes for class tomorrow, boiled the eggs to make deviled eggs in the morning, got the pot roast in the crock pot. I had some left over cake batter from making the mini cupcakes, so I made a round cake for Lon to decorate anyway he wanted.
He wanted to wear his ghost towel over his jammies.  I had a bunch of frosting left over in the freezer and he might as well use it up!
Picking out the right tips to make it just the way he wanted it
The first time it was finished. I helped Lon make the swirls.
There was more frosting! There must be more decorating to do! I think there might be more frosting than cake.
Pumpkins carved to Lon's specifications. Two years from now, I think I will let him carve them all by himself. Not sure I want to give him a knife just yet.
Our little pumpkins!
Then it was time to get ready to go downtown. I read about downtown trick or treat in the little local paper. It was 3 to 5 pm today, and noon to 3 tomorrow.  It was not raining and it sounded like fun!
Lon is ready to conquer the treats!
Starbucks was among the local businesses participating in the festivities! Every business that was involved had a flyer in the window, so we only went to those. The banks were participating, but only on Monday.
Some business owners were out on the sidewalks handing out the candy
Some you had to go in to the shop
Some people really got into the spirit!
Back at home, back in jammies, sorting through the haul! There were very few candies that Lon could not have (too chewy) and very few he did not want. He had a great time. We spent over an hour and  a half walking all over downtown Kirkland. It was fun!!

No comments: