Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Mommy and Daddy's Birthday Party!

We have been so busy this summer, that I thought we would not have time for a birthday party for us. Then I realized Mark is turning 50. FIFTY. This is HUGE. Wonderfully HUGE. I made time on Sunday afternoon, at almost the last minute. It is so nice we have such good friends to celebrate with us.
Grace and her parents arrived first. Grace came well prepared. She brought her barbies to play with, and brought a boy barbie so Lon could play with her. That was so sweet!
Some of the spread. Prachi brought Rajma and Chen brought Dumplings. Both were oh so good.  Both are oh so gone.
The girls. Grace, Sarah and Kayla
The guys enjoying the sunshine. Not so warm as yesterday, but warm enough!
Kayla was so proud of herself, catching this fish that she really wanted her picture taken. So I did.
Grace and Sarah. Grace made sure Sarah was having a good time and always had someone to play with. It was very nice.
The boys, Reyansh, Sam and Lon
oh yes, there was lots of running!
Pool time
Reyansh! He is getting so big!
The kids were really having a great time in the pool
Brian blasting bubbles with the squirt gun! He loved that game
Love the look of the towel wrapped around Reyansh!
Mark showing his cake to the Grace and Sarah, he had them count the candles! For future reference, those toothpick candles are just for decoration, they do not light, or when they do, they do not stay lit. 
Look! It is a PURPLE velvet cake. I made the red velvet cake, but instead of red, I used violet dye. I experimented alot before I got it to be purple, not blue, black or lavender.  Now I am pretty confidant I can make any shade of velvet cake!  (I so need a haircut, perhaps a style...)
Such a cute boy. Someone else was still using my camera, but the pictures are good!
Mark trying on his eye mask. To help his puffy old eyes feel better.  We got some wonderful gifts and we had a great time. Thanks to all who came to help us celebrate. Mark and I had lots of fun

1 comment:

Rahul said...

After a long time, I am checking your blog. Very cool pics. Thanks for posting.