Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lots of Lasts

This morning was our last day of swim lessons for the summer.
We made mini cupcakes for the life guards and instructors. They were so much fun this summer. Lon picked out the blue sprinkles.
Lon is looking good! He may get this swim thing yet!
I did bring a couple of extra cupcakes to share with the kids around the pool. The verdict came back yummy
TY!! Ty was able to spend one last afternoon with us. He goes back to China this weekend. We are going to miss the little guy!
Lon announced that he and Ty would be my minions for today. They are sorting out the birthday confetti, taking out the 50! from the mix so we can use it again. This was Lon's idea.  I let him run with it.
I sent them outside! It was too pretty a day to stay inside. With much giggling they tried to be sneaky, quietly turning on the water hoses.  They did not think I would notice once they both got soaking wet. They were having so much fun spraying each other, spraying everything. I did get them to water my blueberries, roses and raspberries.  That was a win for me!
Talking about the finer points of spraying water
Back inside to dry off for a bit. Playing Legos.
We heard the ice cream truck, twice.  The boys waited. And waited. They played in the front yard. They found the holes for the old fence. They waited. We still could hear the music, so they waited. Then we could not hear it anymore.  It was highly disappointing to them that the ice cream truck did not come.  I am disappointed too.
I made the boys impromptu pizza. I had two pieces of Na'an and some sauce, a little cheese and we were good to go! Na'an pizza is really yummy! 
Back outside for more sunshine and water fights.
Lon and Ty hugging goodbye.  We will miss him greatly.  I hope he has a great time in China! Looking forward to seeing him next summer!  

No comments: