Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's a Pirate Party, Matey!

Today Lon and I had to go to Sears to return some weed eater cable that was the wrong size (ARG!). We drove by the North Kirkland Community Center, and the Pirate Party was going on. RATS I forgot all about it! We went home as fast as we could, we ran in the door. I got a clean shirt for Lon, tossed it at Daddy, for him to put on Lon, grabbed my shoes for me to put on and we were off in the stroller! I already knew there was NO parking.



Lon's best pirate face!







Inside the Pirate Museum. They had an actual pirate group manning the games. They had a band up from Portland called Captain (someone, I will fill this in soon) and the Salty Dogs. They were lots of fun. Lots of Pirate looking people, both scurvy dogs and wenches, walking around!


Of course, there was running. I told Lon he could run around, but he had to stay in sight and on the grass, and to come back when I called him. He was a really good boy! He did all those things!

As soon as the band was over, it started to rain! We loaded up, I put the rain shield on the stroller and off we went! We did see some friends, that was fun! We saw Reef from Baseball, Lon likes Reef alot. They play very well together at baseball. There was a new friend, Daniel. Yesterday, we met Daniel at the park, and again at Target and today! This must be some kind of sign, so I gave her one of my Mom cards. Daniel is adorable. I hope we stay in touch. I am very glad we were able to make it up to the Pirate Party at least for a little while. Oh! I will let you know how Lon's professional Pirate photo turns out. They had a professional photographer there, all set up, a nice background, props, light diffusers, everything and it was free! Next week we have to go into the studio and pick out ONE of the three shots and we will get a free 5x7. If we want more, we have to pay for them. A nice photo of Lon dressed up as a pirate is going to be really fun!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Wow, I have to say your area is dense with interesting activities. Lon is one lucky kid to have this exposure.

suzy said...

You have to look for them, but they are out there. I like to get Lon out and meeting people.