Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2008

Random Acts of Gardening

Uncle Vasu is in India this month. Or somewhere on his honeymoon! When Mark and I went up to check on his place, the garden in the front of his house bugged me. It is not something nice to come home to. I have been thinking about it and today, Lon and I did a random act of gardening.

Lon wanted to ride in his wagon. I thought it would be easier in the wagon to get all we needed up to Uncle Vasus. We waited till 10:20 to let it warm up a little. It was 27 when we woke up, by 10, it was 51. We loaded up our garden tools and off we went!

Our first stop was at Safeway to get the flowers. I was going to get 10, but Lon insisted on eleventeen, and two pots of tete a tete daffodil ls. We also got a cabby patty at Mrs. Carolines. (Sweet Caroline's Chocolate Shop -inside Party for less. THE best pastries, coffee and chocolate around!)




The state of the front yard garden. Sad.

Lon found my camera and took a bunch of photos. There were two that showed me working on the garden. There were some of the front of the garage, his shoes, the side walk. Fun stuff.



Done! At least it looks a little better, there are spots of color now. There were rotting leaves covering some of the bulbs coming up. It was nice to get those cleared out. The thing I forgot was my whisk broom, I wish I would have remembered that as it would have been nice to get some of the dirt off the sidewalk. (P.s. I went back the next day and took my broom and swept the sidewalk)


Let's go home! I did not realize we were gone for almost exactly 4 hours! We also walked 4.93 miles today. The wagon is heavy! Lon likes it. I think it will be good to go to the beach with, but up to Uncle Vasu's, I am pushing the stroller. Up that hill... it was tough!

No comments: