Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bad Stroller

Today was the last straw with my stroller. This is a copy of the letter I sent to the company. I doubt I will hear back from them. If I do, I will let you know.

February 26, 2005

Susan Sokolowski
XXXXXX
XXXXX,XXXX

Lan Enterprises, LLC
10140 SW Allen Blvd, Suite E
Beaverton, OR 97005


To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a Zooper Boogie Stroller from your company in 2005. I LOVED my stroller. Until last year, the front wheel started acting up. I tried all sorts of things, more air in the tires, less air in the tires, etc. However, it kept getting worse. I tried contacting the company by email. No return email. I called, several times; mostly I got voice mail, which was NEVER returned. I did finally talk to a person. She was very nice. She sent the wrong wheel. I ordered a side wheel, a front wheel was sent. I had the side wheel repaired at a bicycle shop. The front wheel continued to act up. It pulls to the left, which has gotten progressively worse. It will also turn to the left so the stroller cannot move forward. I continued to call, and continued to get no response. I took my boogie back to the bicycle shop. They diagnosed the problem as a bad bearing. They could not fix it, as they cannot get into the housing. I called customer service again today. I did get a person! That was nice. He told me I could bring the stroller in, at the Portland location. He said something about it not being that far away. He said he would look into my problem, see if there was a way to get it fixed and get back to me today. (I have not received a return call) He did mention that he did not think my stroller was repairable, as the front wheel housing is all one piece with the frame. I did a lot of research on what type of stroller to buy. I wanted something that could be used on trails, on the beach. We are an active Northwest family. I am amazed that a company doing business in Portland would do something so environmentally unfriendly. To make a stroller that when one small part goes bad, the entire stroller has to be put into the landfill, because the design is such that it cannot be repaired.
When I first used my stroller I told everyone I knew what a great stroller I had. I am sorry that the combination of poor customer service and poor design made me change my mind.

No comments: