Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival


The light has been in Mukilteo for 100 years now. It was built in 1906. Still looks good!
We parked down near the lighthouse and walked up the VERY large hill to the Rose Hill Community Center to the Festival site. They had booths for art sales, booths for information on local radio stations, the Washington State Ferrys, Expedia.com even. They also had food booths. Lon was acting like he was a little hungry. Perhaps peckish even. So I went to see what they had. Funnel cake, hmmm, sounded like something he might eat, better than barbecue, I ordered him a funnel cake. As I was paying for it, I noticed that they had a booth selling Lumpia! Yes!! I got some. Well, it was then, funnel cake, schmunel cake! Lon wanted my lumpia. He ate a whole lumpia! Yep, that's my boy! These were proper lumpia, not those strange lumpia shanghai. I hope to order some really good ones at Christmas time. Since Mom is going to be in Ketchikan, she can bring back the best lumpia on earth. (which happen to be made in Ketchikan) We got some art for Lon, a pen and ink of the light house, with hand tinting. Very nice. We had a nice chat with the artist. He is also a civil war re-enactor. I did not know they were out here. I do know there was a battle out here, but that is about all I know. I need to learn about that so I can teach Lon.
After we walked around, ate and looked at everything they had up there, it was almost noon. This was the time the lighthouse tour started. So we walked down the VERY large hill and made it back to the light house. We were among the first at the light for the tour, so up we went. No line. I did not set Lon on the floor at the top of the light. I am no where near that brave. He seemed to enjoy the view, we walked around the top. I was able to snap a couple of pictures one handed. Mr. Wiggles was making me nervous in that very narrow place!
We went down and played in the grass for awhile. It gets tough being locked in a stroller all the time! Lon liked watching the Ferry come in.

Run run run

zoom zoom zoom


Up the stairs. Lon went up the stairs a couple times, I kept bringing him back to the grass, he would play for a while, then back to the stairs. Then we went home.

When we got home Miss Sarah came over and Adell and Mr. Sean were playing basket ball. Lon thought he wanted to play, but he changed his mind. Miss Sarah, Lon and I went shopping for Homecoming jewelry. I think we got something nice. Lon helped pick it out. He has such good taste.

He is learning to eat with a spoon, by himself. I gave him some peanut butter and nutella. I think some got into his mouth.


Lon had a fun day. He got to play in the grass, and be outside. Those are the best times!

Our next outing: The Puyallup Fair. Coming up sometime this week. We do not go on weekends, it is too crowded, and Mark doesn't go at all. We will let you know when we go!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Wow, there are a ton of festivals in your area!

The shot inside the lighthouse is really cool!

suzy said...

There are, but I also seek them out. On Thursday in the paper is a pullout of all the stuff happening over the weekend. I highlight what looks like fun!
Thanks. I like lighthouses. I think we will be seeing more of them!