Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's a Doozy!


This is not my favorite slogan for the Western Washington State Fair in Puyallup. I still like Do the Puyallup and the accompanying song. I know the song. It is rather odd. Lon and I went to the Fair today. The Fair is HUGE. Thus we do not go on weekends. Today was nice. The weather was good, the crowd was good. Lon had a grand time!
Lon rode the carousel for a few minutes. He got a little freaked out when it went too fast. I thought it was a little too fast too! I think next time we go on the child version.
After that we went up to see how the Christening Gown did. Because of some imperfections on the bodice (which most folks would not notice) I got a third place ribbon. Which is still pretty darn good. I am going to think that way any way.

Maybe I will try something again!
The unicyclist was juggling and Lon thought that was really wild.


Talking to the goats. We love goats. These are Nubian Goats. He would point at a goat and yell! Sometimes the goat would look up, and sometimes he would not . Sometimes the goat would talk back! That was fun!
This is a type of Scottish cow. I should have written the name down, it began with an A. It is a dairy cow.
Lon liked looking at cows.
They seem to like looking at him.

At the Wilcox Dairy building Lon tried chocolate milk for the very first time and it was the BEST! We also got some ice cream there and a white onesie that says, in black, got milk?
Lon had fun looking at the rides. Someday SOON he is going to be tall enough for these rides!

They had the dragon ride that was up at the Evergreen Fair. Lon spent a while looking at that one. He likes the dragon.

The Farm !! That was the highlight of the whole Fair! Lon had tons of fun! He touched the sheep, the goats, and the softest thing was the baby bunny. Lon would reach out and touch the bunny with his finger, pull it back fast and laugh! The baby bunny was so very soft. Most of the photos I took at the petting farm were through the *blair witch filter*. Lon was moving around so fast. He was not cooped up in the stroller, and there were animals that he could pet! It was almost too much. Almost.

Lon had a Scone. Fisher Scones at the Fair forever! Actually, Lon had two scones. Lon also had a part of a crusty pup. Accept no imitations! Get the authentic Crusty Pup! He also had four bites of my onion burger, another famous fair food. They grill up a ton of walla walla sweet onions and put them on a beef patty. mmmmm. He also had more lemonade. He tried the dinosaur chicken nuggets at sillyville (children's ride area) and some apple slices. He ate well today. And momma totally blew her diet out of the water! boom! It was a good day to go to the Fair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day. I am so proud of you for the ribbon the Christening gown received, but it should have been BLUE!! That gown is amazing!! The Fair looks like fun. I love Fairs.. and youand Lon did it up right. Good job!
Mom

Vasudev said...

Wow!!!
Good Job Susan and Lon! I knew that Christian Gown is a pretty one and it proved it. That is a pretty picture of you both. I am glad you went on a very good day. The picture of Lon and the sheep makes me feel like a Shepard.

Handsome Lon, you are the best and second to none.

suzy said...

It was fun Mom! Lon seemed to really enjoy himself and next year he will have an even better time!

suzy said...

Vasu,
I am so glad you enjoyed the Fair posting. We had fun. Hopefully we will be seeing you soon!