Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's Greek To Lon!











Today we went to the Greek Festival! Festing in Seattle since 1960!! It was great! The food was phenomenal. I do not think I should eat again for a week! Lon loves the pita bread, he is not so sure about Gyro meat, or roasted lamb. We skipped the Spanikopita, as I am not taking any chances with spinach. Usually we love that! They had Dolmas, Kalamaria, and lots of other yummy things. They had three kinds of baklava, and cookies and other pastries. It was all festival food and all super yummy! I have got to get the recipe for the baklava with a layer of custard!

Looking around the food tent, they also had dancing in there and Imported Greek gifts. (t-shirts, etc) Inside they had a Greek deli, with olive oils, dried fruits, more pastries, and other yummy foodstuffs to take home!

FINALLY! Lon got to eat!




The church has a couple fig trees and grapes that they are growing behind the church. How cool is that?



The church. It is a great building. The church is gorgeous, they have a school, and the best auditorium/banquet hall I have seen in a long time! We got to talk to a very nice lady who works as an Iconographer. That is someone who makes Icons. Icons are not to have any personal creativity in the pictures. They are to be true. I have always liked Icons. She was surprised I knew a little about Icons. I said I knew more about Russian Icons, and she told me about a Russian Orthodox Festival next weekend at St. Spiridon's! I know where we are going to be! She said it was smaller than this one, but that is okay. She said they had more food, Russian food! YUMMY. I think by then I won't be full anymore!

No comments: