Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

So Much to Blog!


We were off for a week! The family went to Virginia to celebrate Lon's very first birthday with family. It was so much fun! I only took 572 photos for the week. I will weed through them and catch up on my blogging ! I am not sure I will post all 572!

Lon on his third plane ride. He is getting to be very good at this! He always has fun. He did great on the take off and landing!

We got into Reagan at 5pm, on Thursday. Got our car, thanks Aunt Karen! We were off to Fredericksburg! On Friday morning, about 11, when the world famous Carl's opened, we were all there. My mother loves Carl's. Apparently 365 days is magical in a baby's life. At 365 days babies can eat anything and everything they want. So Lon had some soft serve ice cream too! He, of course, LOVED it. Okay, we all loved it. We did go back several more times in that week in Virginia. It was always wonderful.

We were also consoling ourselves as we did not hear a word from the baby contest that morning. It seems Lon did not win the GMA baby contest, but I can not find out who did. I can't find anything about it at all. I did find out that this blog has been linked to another VERY popular blog, thingamababy.com. They were also talking about the contest and listed a bunch of blogs with super cute babies. We have had people looking at the blog from all over the country! How fun!!

On Friday afternoon, I went into DC to meet up with my sister. We were having a sister's night going to Wolf Trap. We were going to see Annie. The first time my sister and I saw Annie, in Seattle, I was just back from my first trip to Europe and I was exhausted! I slept through entire scenes. I could not figure out what the heck President Roosevelt was doing in the end. I slept from the start to the finish of that scene. After the play, the first time, I also fell asleep at BeniHannas. This time I did not fall asleep. I got to Karen's a little early, and I brought in Matt and Ing's July 4 outfits. I had Matt try his on! He is so cute! What a great kid he is turning into!

The only weird part of Lon's actual real birthday day was that Lon reached for my glasses and scratched my eye. I turned into Pirate Mommy. I had to wear a patch starting Saturday morning. I ended up in that silly patch for two days! UGH! There are very few pictures of Mommy at Lon's birthday because of that silly eye patch.

I will continue with Lon's birthday party tomorrow, as I am still on Virginia time, and so is Lon. He gets up at 3:30am. His usual time. He will get slowly back to West Coast time, and then we might be off to Virginia again!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Wow, what an eventful time for all of you. You are very lucky Lon likes plane rides!

Oh, now I know Karen cannot have a child that age, she is only 15 or 16 herself :)

Demand a recount on the baby contest, I smell tampering ;)

suzy said...

Lon seems to like the plane. I am so happy about that. The adventure in virginia is just starting to be blogged, we did so much every day! I know, Karen is super young! Talented, smart, and Tall. But then again, it KK is only 16, then I am just 18....
NO one has heard who won the baby contest. It is strange.