Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Montpelier, part two


We are going to continue in the garden, it was a wonderful place. Mom, Mark and Lon did not go through the gardens, I went down to the back gate. We met up at the Education Center.

A Sundial. I could not tell if it was accurate or not. There was a puddle on top.
The garden's back gate.
As I left the garden, I was looking what appears to be a well and something MOVED. I snapped these two photos. A doe and two fawns were zipping by! That was so wonderful to see.
I was not the only one who got to see wildlife. Mark, Mom and Lon saw a very friendly cat. Lon was very nice in petting the cat.

The stables. What a great looking building.
Lon watching the movie on the Madisons.

A reproduction of one of Dolly's dresses.

The Madison's Graves. The family cemetery is well behind the house. It was quite a hike!

No comments: