Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lon's SIXTH Birthday Party!

It is hard for me to believe that Lon has had 6 birthday parties. He has to use two hands to tell his age now! He can read, and write, do maths,  and all sort of other things he could not do last year.  It has been a wild ride this year, but we made it through with flying colors! We both learned alot!!
Being goofy before the party! The party started at 1pm. Mommy and Grandma were busy all morning! It was so much fun working with my mom in the kitchen getting all the last minute things together!
The spread! Not including the three crock pots that have the vegetarian baked beans, the barbeque chicken and the sweet and sour meatballs!
The pinata! I took it to Staples, and had the lion artwork enlarged to fit onto the front. I like it. I think I will do this next year too.
Drew having a snack!
Pin the head on the mini fig game! It was alot of fun. The kids all were able to have a turn. They all liked it. Felt is so much fun, it can do so many things. Yes, that is Lon in that blindfold, in his happy birthday shirt!
The beverage station! We had Yoda punch, a citrus punch and unsweetened ice tea. We had very little left of any of those!
Everyone out in the front yard for a game of freeze tag. I did have the bubble machines going on the front deck and the back deck. We had bubbles galore ! I love bubbles
Wait ever could they be waiting for? All lined up and waiting so patiently?
THE ICE CREAM MAN! He came to Lon's party with ice cream for all. Even the adults (note, I did not say grown ups)
Blowing out the candles. 6 of them. Still trying to figure out how Lon got to be 6 so fast!
Opening presents! He got almost all Legos, even though there were so many boxes, there was not one duplicate! Everyone got him something different. It is great. He wants to build them ALL. RIGHT NOW! But he has agreed to do them one at a time. We will see how long that lasts
The aftermath of the confetti shooters. I discovered these great silver tubes, filled with confetti and all you have to do is shake them hard and confetti flies! It was a hoot! Next time Mark tells me we should not really get 50 of them. But it was super fun. I hope the tissue paper dissolves!
Everyone had a great time at the party! It was great fun, the weather even co operated! 










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT Party! Glad that I was able to be there.
Mom

suzy said...

I am glad you were there too Mom! It was so much fun having you up here this week.

Kestrel said...

Your parties always look and sound like SO much fun. But I bet you were exhausted afterwards. Glad your mama could be there too.

suzy said...

Thanks Kris! It is so much fun to see how much I can pull off. I was so happy Mom was here too. This is the biggest party of the year. I am so glad it turned out and now I am napping on the beach!