Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

16 years ago, Mark and I were married.  It is still fun.
Today, Mark came home early. We to get his wet suit for river rafting tomorrow. On the way home we stopped at Theon's Ice Cream. It is a great hand dipped ice cream place that has been around forever, but we just discovered it. I did not get a picture of Lon enjoying his mint chocolate chip, I was too busy enjoying my very green very limey, lime sherbet. We  were on our way home, but we saw a garage sale sign. We stopped and ..
this lovely Pachinko machine came home with us!

It will need a bit of work and a battery, but it works. Still as much fun as I remember.  It was almost time for the Juanita Friday Market.  It is still in the field, due to the fact Juanita Beach Park is still not open and may not be this summer.  The flower sellers were there, there are two jewelery booths, bread, and our favorite soap lady, the Trimmed Wick. New today was a man selling wonderful toffee! Pete's. He had toffee with cashews and cranberries. OH, it was wonderful. I did buy some and I will buy more! We tried some salsa at another booth. I tried the lime and coconut. It has a smaller kick, but it would be very nice with shrimp. We got some of that too.  Even though it is not warm, the shave ice booth was open today
Behind that mask is Lon. He loves shave ice. He made the mask himself at the kids booth.
Mark bought me some beautiful flowers on the way back to the car
Aren't they pretty!?

When we got home I made Bucatini all'Amatriciana.  Mark and I had this alot in Rome. It was out go-to meal when nothing else sounded good. It is difficult to find guanciale here. It is smoked pig jowl.  A few weeks ago, at Fred Meyer of all places, I found something that said, Smoked Pig Jowl. It was cheap. I bought it. It was perfect. I milled the tomatoes, so they were just mushed bits, and that was wonderful.  The only thing that was not good was I should have cooked the pasta a bit longer. I was so worried about it being overdone, it was a little underdone. some of it was good, some of it was a little crunchy.
Now we are getting ready for Mark to go on his river rafting trip in the morning.  It was a good anniversary. I am pretty sure we both still love each other.  I know I sill love him! 

2 comments:

Kestrel said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a wonderful day you had. Here's to many more incredible adventures and lots of love.

suzy said...

Thank you! It was a wonderful day and the adventures continue