Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter!

This is one of the many chocolate covered Easter eggs that my Mother made this year. They are so yummy!



The Easter Bunny did indeed find Lon in California! There were all sorts of very fun things in the basket! A giggling bunny, sidewalk chalk, rubber duckies, and the Easter Bunny found M guys. Little M&M shaped holders filled with mini M&Ms. Lon wanted Mommy to find him some of the M guys, like they had for Valentines Day. Mommy looked everywhere but could not find them. That Easter Bunny is pretty special.

Look Daddy! It is my Easter Basket!









Giving Daddy a Peep for breakfast, yummy!



While Lon was still in his Easter finest, we went looking for eggs! The Easter Bunny left him eggs on the front lawn!







There were a dozen eggs!



There were even eggs in the trees! The cherry tree in the front was almost in full bloom.



Lon found all the eggs!



In the big eggs, there were Sesame Street guys! The six little eggs had a couple Jelly Bellys each.


Lon posed each of the six Sesame Street guys in front of his big chocolate bunny. I took pictures of each and every one! No, I am not going to include them all here.



Bunny Cakes are always wonderful, something I remember fondly and I think Lon will too!





Lon wanted to play with his chalk, so we changed out of his Easter finery and went and played on the driveway. Mommy wrote the Happy Easter. Lon helped me decorate it!





Lon drew the mountains above and the sea below.








Lon put on his overalls and hat to help Grandpa Andy on the tractor. Lon actually drove!







Is this the way you turn?






Farming is fun!





One last outfit change, we are waiting for our guests! I was too busy to take pictures after this....












Some pictures of our Easter feast!


Orange honey butter with orange peel roses

Yummy Pashka and Kulich. We had ambrosia, Easter egg bread, choreki, Russian mustard, fresh horseradish, fresh horseradish with beets. I ground the root at home and brought it down with me, while I was grinding it, with all the windows open. Lon was telling me to make it stop! Mommy please make it stop! It was very strong fresh horseradish! We had ham, but we did not make sausage this year. We had hard boiled eggs and hot cross buns. I think I got it all, but I may have forgotten 5 or 6 things. It was a feast!

No comments: