Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Gig Harbor

On Thursday we went over to visit Miss Lindsay. Her boat is in Gig Harbor. We drove around, and crossed the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. This is the new construction. They are putting up a second span. And toll booths. Lon was asleep by the time we got to the bridge. I followed the signs and made it nicely into Gig Harbor.
Watching Miss Lindsay.













As Miss Lindsay makes faces at Lon.








A little closer for funny faces!














Studying the menu. There seems to be lots of choices here. Lon finally settles on the fresh fruit plate and a side of fries. Mommy got an asian chicken salad and Miss Lindsay had a turkey pannini. It was very yummy.













While we waited for our food to arrive Lon spotted the horse!! However, the little horse was out of order and did not move.












Rats! I was all ready for a ride!














Watermelon is some of the best stuff on earth!











There are 15 of these salmon around town all done differently. It is called Salmon Enchanted Harbor. I really think the idea is nifty, I also think that Ketchikan should do something like that. Maybe with halibut. It is not like Ktown suffers from a lack of artists.










After lunch we walked around looking into the different shops. Two out of three jewelry stores we went into ignored us just about to the point of rudeness. This does not make me want to purchase anything, and the third a gallery called the Ebb Tide the lady was really nice there, but there was nothing I found I liked. I was looking for a silver charm. I always look for silver charms.

We stopped for ice cream. They had Umpqua Ice Cream. That is good ice cream from Oregon. Lon had Chocolate Brownie Thunder.















mmmm sprinkles too!







We walked down to a little waterfront park to finish up our ice cream. Lon finished half of his, decided it was too intensely chocolate (and it really was) so he finished up my spumoni.






We all love ice cream!





The fisherman's statue.




Beauty Shot.





Another beauty shot



Miss Lindsay's Boat is the Ocean Dream.


I was in a coffee shop (Java and Clay) getting a wonderful iced Ginger Peach White Tea to go, I glanced out the window and saw a lady putting a dog in what I thought was my car. She obviously had the same car. My first thought was how am I going to explain it to Mark when I come home with a dog?

We had a wonderful day with Miss Lindsay, as always. We hope she has a great and profitable summer with good fish and calm seas.

No comments: