Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chocolate World














Lon was being SUCH a good boy! He was wonderful as Mommy dragged him around all over the place today. After BabyGym, we went to Pacific Fabrics to look for some backing for a baby quilt that is due in August. There was nothing there we wanted, okay, I take that back, there was some fabric I wanted but not enough to put on the back. When I talked to Mark he issued me a challenge that I could not go into the store to buy ONE bag of potato chips. There is a Safeway in the complex that has the fabric store, Lon and I walked over to the store and got ONE bag of potato chips. It is too hot to make fries to go with dinner. Then on the way back to the car we passed a Starbucks. Miss Lindsay had mentioned that she left the greatest little insulated cup in Africa. She said she would really like to get another one. Lon said we should get her one as a present. I thought an Arnold Palmer would be yummy, so we stopped. Lon saw a mini triple chocolate cake that looked like the best thing ever. We got one of those. Lon was very happy. He laughed and munched all the way to our next stop. I thought we should try the next fabric store at CrossRoads Mall. We looked at magazines, went to Joannes, again, the fabric store was a bust. Nothing there. We did get some Turkish salad to go with our lunch. On the way out we went by Cold Stone Creamery.
Lon saw something he wanted. Lon wanted it enough to SAY ice cream. Clearly.







How could I say no to such a good boy who used such clear english? Of course not! Yes, I got sprinkles too.




We sat outside and Lon finished his ice cream. Yes, he ate it ALL. Yes, it was chocolate!




Lon had excellent spoon control. Very little spillage. He was so happy!

Then we stopped at a new bakery they had, to get Daddy a treat for tomorrow morning. He mentioned he wanted a cinnamon roll the other morning and these LOOKED great! They also had tastes of double chocolate scones. Guess who LOVED it. I got one for Lon for breakfast tomorrow. To those of you out there who think all that chocolate would hype Lon up something fierce. Lon fell asleep about 15 minutes into our ride on the way home. He stayed asleep as I took him out of the car and put him in his own bed, where he still is 45 minutes later. Such good boy! He is being such a joy!

No comments: