Search This Blog

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to Anacortes




On Saturday we went to the Anacortes Art Festival. It was much bigger than the Kirkland SummerFest. We were able to find parking fairly easily though.
There were a TON of great booths to eat at, all conveniently located at one end of the blocks of art booths. They had outdoor sculpture, original watercolors, lots of great jewelry! It was so much fun to browse through all the little *shops*. I found some things that I am going to save up for, an outdoor sculpture that is wonderful! I would tell you more about it, but I think I want it to be the Christmas Present for the family.
Now, the food! Wow. They had a Greek booth, a Crab Shack, hot dogs, curly fries, ice cream on a stick, Indian Food (with butter chicken), Lebanese food, Corn on a stick, Thai food, Chinese food, Sno-Cones, Chili, that is the stuff I can remember. Lon had all sorts of good things. I got a Gyro at the Lebanese booth, I got some Falafel for Lon. He ate almost the whole piece. He had ice cream and blackberry cobbler, Mommy had to help him finish it. Yummy!
This is the view in front of where we parked.










After we were done at the Art Festival we went back up to Mt. Erie. It was such a pretty day we thought we would see what the views were like when you could actually see for miles.
We had a great time up there, the view is spectacular!








My next blog will be a little late. Lon and I are going to be in Pennsylvania for a little while. We will try to blog there, but no promises!

2 comments:

Jim said...

What a beautiful place. The food sounds wonderful too :)

suzy said...

Can you tell I really enjoy food? It is very pretty up there. We seem to be going up there often.
Suzy