Search This Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

Wisteria Lane (with more of feeding ourself)



When Mark's mom was here the Wisteria was not yet in full bloom, by this weekend it should be all out, but here are a couple of photos. It smells wonderful, I keep our bedroom window open all the time now. It smells cinnamony/peppery. I like it. It is Chinese Wisteria, which means that it blooms first, then gets leaves. The person who first owned the house planted it, and built the patio portion on the back of the house. I would like to thank him for all his work. I am enjoying it. It seems the more you cut it back, the more it grows and blooms the next year.


Now, there is dinner. Lon it seems is now done with the whole baby food mush thing. He wants food. Real food he has to chew, not baby food 3, but what we are eating! In something I read it said to help your baby eat, eat your meals with him. He will learn about eating, etc etc etc. Hmmmm all this made Lon do was want what I was eating. Not this stupid mushy stuff. I was having a bowl of Thai Hot and Sour Soup. (mark made it this weekend). Lon no longer wanted his baby food 2s. So I gave in and gave him some tofu. He LOVED tofu. Yummy. And he ate as much of it as I would give him. Who knows if it is the *right* thing to do, but he liked it.
Dinner was even more of a challenge. I got him baby food3 Lasagne. hmmm, this was NOT a hit, this was dumb, honestly. I gave him some cheese (apparently this is wrong) He likes cheese. I asked about it, can I give him cheese? What kind of cheese? Tillamook cheddar, is there any other kind? This was not something I was supposed to do, as the whole milk thing is supposed to not be good for him for another two months. Tonight for dinner he had some cheese, some lasagne on the tray mixed with melba toasts, and the worst thing ever. A dib. I took out 4 dibs for my dessert, he wanted one. I gave it to him. Once he got over the fact that ice cream is COLD, it was nothing but yummy*ness.



dibs

















After this experience, I gave Lon a bath, and put his outfit in the sink to soak out all the lasagne and toast. Then he played on the floor for a bit and then off to bed. I have a feeling that the bath is going to be permanently moved to right after dinner, not just before bed.

This photo is for Uncle Vasu. He told Mark today that there were just not enough pictures of Bullwinkle in the blog. Mark told him it is not Suzy and Bullwinkle, it is Suzy and Lon, but he still thought that there should be more photos of Bullwinkle. So I will try on every blog to have a photo the dog. Bullwinkle.

2 comments:

Vasudev said...

Bullwinkle is one of the few innocent faces that I have seen in my entire life. Being an over sentimental and emotional boy I get easily moved by some small things, one of them is when I watch Bullwinkle I have so much of soft corner, don't ask me why 'cos I don't know.

Just my thoughts!!! this is how I view life and live.

Jim said...

Look at the joy and discovery in Lon's eyes! These shots are priceless, remember to drag them out on his first date :)